Genuine Care


"Never let a day pass by without telling the people around you that you genuinely care."

After work, my son, sister, nieces and aunt went to a restaurant for dinner. It was our aunt's gesture of kindness to us.  We had buttered shrimps, calamari, sinigang na tanigue and sizzling pusit... it was a sumptuous dinner.  After eating, while my sister is singing her favorite sone in the karaoke, my son and I went out to catch the cold breeze.  We had a little running around, his laugh was contagious.  After a while, a vehicle slowly approached the parking lot.  I noticed it was coming but my son reminded me to stay on the curbs because I might be hit by the vehicle. My son is only two years old. It was really heart warming to hear from the mouth of a child those words of genuine care. I felt the sincerity of his words.

Isn't it wonderful if we hear words of care from our loved ones, friends and co-workers? Caring people give us another reason to live... another reason to make the most of our existence. It is with caring words that we do things more meaningful. It is with caring words that we are reminded that God lives inside each and every human being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye September, Hello October

Random Clicks: SVD (Divine Word Seminary), Tagaytay City

50 Questions Challenge, Day 6: Do you believe you can have your cake and eat it, too?